Sunday 18 February 2018

Week 3 summary

180km covered, no resting days on track, but a 2 day hiatus in Queenstown and another 1 day hiatus in Wanaka broke up the week's walking.

Great progress this walking week. It started by finishing off Southland with Stephen and Eli through to Lake Wakatipu, and ends with me only a couple of days from entering Canterbury. Central Otago is huge, but somehow I've crossed it really quickly.

My back is still doing great, but I have developed knee and groin niggles that currently dissapate when I start walking.

Blister issues seem behind me, although I have some painful cracks and annoying sores hanging over from where the blisters where.

I've been enjoying blogging more than I thought I would. It's sometimes a chore after a hard day's walking, and my cellphone's 'smart' keyboard often replaces intended words with entirely nonsensical ones, but I know I'll enjoy reading back over the record when I've finished, so I put up with these foibles.

All in all a rosy report!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Aaron Mum checks your progress everyday





    ReplyDelete