Wednesday 14 February 2018

Hiatus 3 - Wanaka 1 day

Not much to say about this one.

A short stop in Wanaka to resupply.
I've made a couple of alterations to suit my new pack. The old one had an internal money pouch, which this new one doesn't, so I bought a pouch I can attach via carabineer inside the pack.
Also, because this new pack has a much wider, better hip belt, it didn't work so well with the auxiliary belt I was using to hold a water bottle. I searched high and low for a bottle holder that I could clip to either the pack or attach to the waist belt, but couldn't find one. I've made do by buying a chalk pouch that rock climbers use, which seems to be pretty secure. We'll see!

Today I'm off into the mountains again for about a week, next to be seen in Twizel, back in Canterbury!

No comments:

Post a Comment