Saturday 24 February 2018

Hiatus 4 - Home! for 4 days


I'd hatched a plan to come home for Jakob's birthday and take the kids by surprise. It just so happened that this coincided with Cyclone Gita coming through, so I managed to dodge some seriously bad weather too.

To give an indication, Neil (who was a few days behind) sent me a snap of what the last saddle coming down towards Lake Ohau looked like post cyclone.

A fair bit different than when I was there only a couple of
days earlier!


Colleen and I rescued a fellow TA walker, Frank, from the weather and we've been putting him up for the last few days. A night in the hot tub is better than one in the snow!


Back to the track today to start walking again tomorrow, Twizel to Te kapo.  It feels weird to be leaving home again so soon.  Hopefully I'll be back in 7-10 days when I get to the larger rivers, Rangitata and Rakaia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment