Thursday 12 April 2018

Day 61 - Pelorous Bridge to Havelock, 21.1km, 4 hours 30 minutes


As you can see, I've reached the sea, 1100+km after last having seen it.

That was the highlight of the day really. Apart from the first 15 minutes through the beautiful rimu clad forest of Pelorous Scenic Reserve, the rest of the day was either farm or road walking and not very exciting. I knew this going into the day - again I had walked this section shortly before starting the trail, as a warm up day.
About half way through I went through the 1200km milestone...

... and my first view of the sea away in the distance was very exciting.


Apart from that it was an uneventful day's walking. I have contented myself trying out a couple of Havelock restaurants - one for lunch and another for dinner. I'm feeling full!

No comments:

Post a Comment