Wednesday 11 April 2018

Day 60 - Pelorous Bridge, 0km


I picked a good day for a zero day. The weather today has been atrocious, the worst since I started. Strong winds, very cold and heavy rain. The unholy trinity for hypothermia. Even if I hadn't been planning a zero today, I would have taken one.
As it happens I'm perched literally 10 meters from the door of one of the best cafes in Marlborough. So I've hung out there like a bad smell... hopefully not too literally. The rest of the time I've been chilling out reading, charging stuff, and planning the final stint; the charge to Havelock, on to Anakiwa, then the Queen Charlotte Track. I've decided to be a bit of a softy about this last stint and target the places that have accommodation and food; Havelock, Anakiwa, Portage Hotel and Furneaux Lodge. This will leave me with 5 days left in total; 3 short days, a long day from Portage to Furneaux, then another short day to the end at Ship Cove.
Sounds like a plan, I'm excited to finish!

OK, the lights here aren't working so I'm writing up my day here in the dark. Not so dissimilar from a hut really. Time to tuck into the Apple Strudel and Boysenberry Cheesecake I bought for dinner. It certainly makes a nice change from all that dehydrated!

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been thinking of you with this cold snap. Glad to hear you’re warm and dry 😊

    ReplyDelete