Friday 23 March 2018

Week 6 summary

A full 7 days walking, 135km covered.

My feet are back in really good shape, and I've been enjoying the familiar Canterbury tracks and being within range of home at trail heads. Indeed it has felt more like a series of tramps rather than a long trail for the past couple of weeks. It's great to have some family life, and Karen & the kids have really enjoyed it too.

I'm coming to the end of the Canterbury Rivers in the next few days, and will be starting the trek towards the Nelson Lakes and out of range of home. This will commence the final 3 week stint that will finish off the trail.

I'm still really enjoying the walking - I haven't had any more "I don't feel like walking days", like the day out of Hawea, and then again out of Rangitata. Nevertheless the prospect of the end of the walk is pleasing - I guess it'll be bitter-sweet.

My back is still holding up but had been rather stiff today - the difficult Goat Pass route no doubt hasn't helped. In any case today I took 2 voltaren for the first time on the whole walk. Not ideal, but given I expected to do that every single day, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment